Strengthening its presence in India, Scoot, the low-cost arm of the Singapore Airlines (SIA) Group, yesterday started its daily Trivandrum-Singapore operations. The inaugural flight took off from Singapore on 7 May 2019 at approximately 8.40 pm local time and reached Trivandrum International Airport at approximately
10.00 pm local time.
Offering a capacity of 180 seats per flight, the daily return service is operated on Scoot’s fleet of narrow body Airbus A320-family aircraft.The route had been transferred from sister airline SilkAir, and Scoot’s daily frequency is an increase from SilkAir’s previous five-times- weekly schedule. This offers customers more choices and greater convenience, as well as boosts Trivandrum’s connectivity with Singapore and the world.For example, customers can book seamless connecting flights from Trivandrum to Singapore and onwards to the wider SIA group network destinations, such as San Francisco and Los Angeles in the US.
In addition to cheaper fares,Scoot offers travelers a variety of convenient and hassle-free options for them to tailor how they want to travel:
* FlyBagEat includes an Economy seat (28.5” seat pitch), 20kg checked baggage allowance, 10kg carry-on baggage allowance and an onboard meal.
* FlyBag includes an Economy seat, 20kg checked baggage allowance, and 10kg carry-on baggage allowance.Fly includes the Economy seat and 10kg carry-on baggage allowance.
* Stretch seats (38.4” seat pitch)can be purchased by customers should they require extra legroom, at an additional cost starting from INR 1,300.
* Scoot Café offers inflight food and beverage options, which can be purchased onboard or pre-ordered before the flight.
* Through check-in services wherein, if customershave connecting flights on Scoot, Singapore Airlines and/or SilkAir in a single booking, they will receive their boarding pass for the connecting flight while checking in for the first flight, and their checked baggage will also be tagged and delivered to the final destination.
* Scoot Insider is Scoot’s member portal for exclusive updates, birthday discounts, faster bookings with personalised profile and payment information, access to booking history, and more!
Vinod Kannan, Scoot Chief Commercial Officer,said,“The transfer of SilkAir’s services to Scoot is intended to further optimise the SIA Group’s resources and present a better match of capacity to demand. Scoot is well-poised to provide competitive pricing for quality services that will appeal to customers in Trivandrum, thereby strengthening Scoot’s presence in the India market.”
Underscoring Scoot’s commitment to growing the India market, the airline has a dedicated India General Manager and a local General Sales Agent, Elements Aviation,overseeing overall sales for Scoot’s eight India cities, namely Amritsar, Bengaluru 1 , Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Lucknow 2 , Tiruchirappalli, and Trivandrum. Scoot also hasa dedicated sales manager to oversee sales in Trivandrum.
Johanes Ong, Scoot India General Manager, said, “Singapore is one of the preferred destinations for Indians, for business and leisure tourism, and this new route will definitely strengthen the connectivity between both countries. We are confident that customers will consider Scoot their preferred carrier due to our affordable fares and comprehensive offerings.”
Customers from Trivandrum can connect to nearly 60 destinations on Scoot’s network, including in countries such as Singapore, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, China, Greece, Germanyand more. One-way tax-inclusive fares start from as low as INR 7,095 for Economy Fly and INR 9,720 for Econo my FlyBagEat, and can be booked from FlyScoot.com.